Even with regular conservation and the most dependable of flat roofs, there can be no certainty that you won’t undergo troubles with your roof. The incorrect decision may not only affect an issue not being duly resolved, but it could steer to more severe backwashes that will end up costing you more in the long run. In the fatal case of your roof getting damaged, you'll generally want to consult a roofing professional to pinpoint the extent of the challenge and if it can be repaired. Below are the top factors to consider when bandying whether to replace or repair a flat roof.
- Roof’s Age; The initial thing to consider is the roof’s age. Some roofing accouterments have longer durations than others, but no roofing system lasts perpetually. How long your roof lasts depend on the quality of your roofing accouterments and how well you keep it preserved. Once a flat roof reaches the end of its intended lifetime, repairs can only lengthen its life for a few years at most.
- High Energy Bills; A top boon of flat roofing accouterments is their capability to save energy. High-quality TPO, PVC, and EPDM roofing can go a long way in keeping heated or air-conditioned air inside the structure, which will degrade your energy costs significantly.
- Roof Leaks; If you discern a leak in your roof, or water coming through the ceiling, then humidity is getting through. However, you may be suitable to solely repair the damage, but if leaking goes uncontrolled for an extended time it can seriously disfigure a roof and structure.
- Apparent Damage; One of the best ways to judge whether your roof needs to be repaired or replaced is by giving it a look-over. Climbing up on a flat roof is a lot more effortless than climbing a pitched roof. However, you can climb over there and check it out for yourself or call on a professional to do a further thorough roof examination, if you have concerns over the grade of your roof.
Alternatives To Flat Roof Replacement
However, you do have many different alternatives you can consider if you don't sense that a replacement is required or don't have the finances to commit to this.
- Patching; In some cases, patching a less damaged area can do but this is only effective if humidity damage hasn’t yet spread.
- Re-Covering; Adding another membrane over the lid of your existing flat roof can be befitted without taking off the damaged accouterments first. This option can work where the roof isn’t leaking.
- Roof Coating; A roofing contractor applies a lithe liquid membrane on top of your existing roof, which works if the roof isn't showing expansive damage. This preference works best when there are no sequestration issues and no rudimentary structural issues.
Be it repairs or replacement, you can count on us to get the job done precisely.
Contact us at 366 Grand Street Williamsburg, NY 11211 (718) 690-7084 https://www.williamsburgroofingny.com